Report it: Overgrown land, unsightly objects, hazardous vegetation and pest plants

This form can be used to report any overgrown land, unsightly objects, hazardous vegetation or pest plants in the Brisbane City Council area.

To report an urgent or public safety issue, phone Council's Contact Centre on 07 3403 8888.

This form should take three (3) to five (5) minutes to complete.

Required fields are marked *.

Information collected in this form will be used to complete your request and to help us improve our service delivery to you. We will deal with all personal information we collect in accordance with Council's Privacy Policy.

Modern browser recommended

If viewed in Internet Explorer, an element in this form will prevent the page from displaying properly. A modern browser is recommended. 


1 Location and details 2 Your details 3 Review and submit

Location details

Please provide the location of the overgrown land and/or unsightly objects.

You can search for an address, manually enter one or use your current location if on a mobile device. Alternatively tap or click on the map to move the pin.
A landmark or the nearest cross street.

Issue details

What are you reporting? (choose all that apply) *

Unsightly and overgrown vegetation

Unsightly and overgrown vegetation complaints refer to those properties with long grass and weedy, overgrown and unattended/untidy gardens that are not in keeping with the amenity of an area.

Hazardous vegetation

Hazardous vegetation is any vegetation which Council considers to have the potential to constitute a fire, health or public safety hazard. Hazardous vegetation includes vegetation which may:

  • potentially obstruct vision and the usage of the road by motorists
  • potentially cause injury or obstruction to persons using a footpath or other public area
  • have the ability to harbour vermin (snakes are native animals and are not considered vermin)
  • trigger bronchial or skin allergies
  • increase the risk of fire.

Pest plants

Council takes the management of pest plants seriously as they can have a detrimental environmental, social and economic impact, Under the Biosecurity Act 2014, residents are required to take reasonable and practical measures to prevent or reduce any risk associated with invasive plants. Depending on how a pest plant species is categorised, it may be illegal to keep, sell or move particular species, including its seed or any other reproductive material.

Click or tap the help (?) icon for more information.
Are the pest plants located on a neighbouring property? *
Do you know the name of the invasive pest plants? *
Council's weed idetification tool can help you identify what pest plant (weed) you are reporting.
Do you know where the objects/rubbish came from? *
Files must be less than 5 MB.
Allowed file types: gif jpg jpeg png bmp pdf doc docx.
26 July 2022