Report it: Tree maintenance

Use this form to request maintenance of any Council tree in the Brisbane City Council area. Council does not maintain trees on private property.

To report an urgent or public safety issue, phone Council on 07 3403 8888.

All questions are mandatory unless otherwise advised.

Information collected in this form will be used to complete your request and to help us improve our service delivery to you. We will deal with all personal information we collect in accordance with Council's Privacy Policy.

1 Issue details 2 Location details 3 Tree details 4 Your details 5 Review and submit

Contact Energex

Energex is responsible for trimming trees around power lines.

To report vegetation growing into or touching the powerlines, call Energex on 13 12 53. If the tree has fallen on the powerlines or is causing the powerline to bow or strain, please call Energex immediately on 13 19 62.

Contact provider

Tree trimming around telephone and cable TV lines is at the discretion of the relevant provider. Contact the appropriate provider to report this issue.

Trees on private property

Damage or issues caused to private property by privately owned trees is a civil matter.

The Queensland Government provides advice on resolving civil tree disputes.

Please note: Trees on private property may be protected by vegetation protection laws. Trimming or removal of trees may require an application to carry out the work.

23 August 2019